Session 6 Lesson 8- February 20- John 4
BSiP 92 & 93- The Samaritan Woman, At Home in Galilee
HOW DOES GOD WANT US TO WORSHIP HIM?
Prayer: Thank You, Lord for bringing us together to study Your Words. Open our hearts and minds to learn, to understand, and to believe all that You tell us. For Jesus’ sake. Amen.
Memory Treasure: …True worshipers will worship the Father in Spirit and in Truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. God is a Spirit, and his worshipers must worship in Spirit and in truth. John 4:23,24.
记忆经文：约翰福音4：23，24……** 那真正拜父的，要用心灵和诚实拜他，因为父要这样的人拜他。 **** **神是个灵，所以拜他的，必须用心灵和诚实拜他。
NEW WORD: Water
How do you use water? Fill in the blanks.
1. I use water to…………………………….
- 2.I like water because……………………………….
READ: 1. God wants all to be saved.
- God loves us all.
- God sent Jesus to die for us.
- 4.Jesus is God’s Son.
GOD’S LOVING PLAN TO SAVE US:
There are three ways to go from Jerusalem to Galilee. The way Jesus and the disciples walked was the least favored because the Jews did not think well of Samaritans. Jesus took His disciples through the country of Samaria. Jesus had a special reason for going this way. Samaritans and Jews did not speak to each other. He -wanted- to talk to a Samaritan.
The Samarians worshipped God on Mount Gerizim, near where Abraham and Jacob had built altars about 2 thousand of years before. The Samaritans and Jews fought in their long history. Feeling were not good between them.
Jesus teaches. He uses “ food” and” water “ to teach spiritual truths about Himself and His Father. He teaches the disciples about the mission they are on by comparing it to a “harvest”. Jesus draws pictures for so that we can better understand the important things He wants us to know. Let’s watch for more pictures as Jesus teaches us.
THIS WEEK: 本周
1.After the Passover in Jerusalem, Jesus and his disciples walk north to Galilee. Read John 4:1-6. Which area did they walk through?
- Jacob bought this land and dug this well, thousands of years ago. Read John 4:7-15. What is the living water that Jesus wants to give to this woman?
- Jesus reminds her of her sin. Read John 4:16-18. Does she admit her sin?
4.Jesus explains how His Father wants people to worship him. Read John 4:19-26. Who does Jesus say He is ?
- The disciples were surprised to see Jesus talking to a Samaritan women. Read John 4:27-30. What does she do?
- Jesus talks about His purpose on earth. Read John 4:31-38. What is the harvest Jesus tells them of?
7.Jesus stayed with the Samaritans for two days. Read John 4:39-42. What did they learn from Him?
- Jesus travels again. Everywhere people know about His miracles. Read John 4:43-47. Why did the royal official want Jesus to come to his home?
9. Jesus tests this man's faith in Him. Read John 4:48-54. How was the official's request answered?
GOD SPREADS HIS MESSAGE:
1. What did Jesus tell the Samaritan woman about the places of worship? ( Where we worship will not longer be important. )
2. What did Jesus tell the Samaritan woman about how to worship Him?
** …True worshipers will worship the Father in Spirit and in Truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. God is a Spirit, and his worshipers must worship in Spirit and in truth. John 4:23,24.**
耶稣告诉撒玛利亚妇人关于如何敬拜他的什么信息？ **4：23，24 …那真正拜父的，要用心灵和诚实拜他，因为父要这样的人拜他。 **** 神是个灵，所以拜他的，必须用心灵和诚实拜他。**
- Jesus told His disciples that His food was to “do the will of Him who sent Him and to finish His work.” What did He mean? ( Jesus was not talking about earthly food. He meant that telling people the truth about His forgiveness and salvation fed His soul.)
- How did Jesus tell His disciples to worship the Father? ( Jesus continues with his picture of food. Jesus was nourished by spreading the Gospel. Jesus was teaching His disciples to do the same as they told about His salvation. )
- Jesus tested the official’s faith. What did He say to him? (Unless you people see miracles, who will never believe.)
- How did the official show his faith? (He left to go home, and believed Jesus’ words,“You may go your son will live. )
- How did the official worship Jesus? (He worshipped Jesus by believing Him, and telling all the people in his house about Jesus.)
- Think about these Bible Stories. How does God want us to worship Him? (He wants us to honor and believe Him, as the Samaritans did.. He wants us to spread His Gospel to many people, as He taught the disciples. He wants us to praise and thank Him as the official did.)
- How should we worship God? ( Honor Him, spread His Gospel, believe, praise and thank Him.)
- Where should we worship God? (. Worshipping together with our brothers and sisters in Christ in a church is wonderful. Most importantly, God wants us to worship Him in Spirit and in Truth.)
Prayer: Our Father in Heaven, Send the Spirit to us to give us a strong faith. Let the Spirit direct our worship so that we worship You in Spirit and in Truth as Jesus taught us. Let the Spirit lead us to want to spread Your Gospel. Then give us opportunities to tell many people about Jesus Your Savior- Son. Because of Jesus we pray. Amen.
Jesus loves me, He who died. Refrain: Yes, Jesus loves me,
Heaven’s gates to open wide Yes, Jesus loves me,
He will wash away my sins, Yes, Jesus loves me,
Let His little children come in. The Bible tells me so.