Chapter 3 - Cain and Abel, The Early Development of the Sinful Human Race
第四章 - 该隐和亚伯，有罪人类的早期发展
- What blessing did God give Adam and Eve on their marriage? (vs. 1-2)
- What is the meaning of the names of the two sons, “Cain” and “Abel” given to Adam and Eve?"
- What did Eve express about her faith in God when she gave birth to Cain? (v. 1b)
- What attitudes does God want us to have toward the children (grandchildren) that He gives us? (see Psalm 127:3-5)
- What occupations did Cain and Abel have? (v. 2b)
- Why did God favor Abel’s offering to Him and not Cain’s offering to Him? (vs. 3-5a, see also Hebrews 11:4 and 6)
- Since Cain did not have true faith in God, why would Cain be angry that God did not accept his offering? (v. 5b)
- What things did God say and do to help Cain overcome his sinful unbelief and anger? (vs. 6-7)
- How does God portray the aim s and power of sin in His warning to Cain at the end of verse 7?
- What wicked choices did Cain make in response to God’s attempts to help him overcome his sin and unbelief? (v. 8) (8节)
- What is especially wicked about the way Cain killed his brother, Abel? (v. 8-9)
- Why would Cain kill his brother when Cain’s anger and hatred was really toward God? (see John 7:7, 15:19, 17:14)
- Give another example of how failing to repent of unjust unbelief and anger leads a person to commit additional, often monstrous sins.
- What is God doing by asking Cain about his brother in verse 9a?
- What is the answer to Cain’s defiant question in verse 9b?
- What does the blood of Abel “cry out” to God for?
- What curse did God place on Cain? (vs. 11-12)
- Why do you think God placed a curse on Cain rather than kill him as his murder of his brother deserved? (see Genesis 9:9, Hebrews 12:24)
- What is disappointing about Cain’s response to God’s attempt to call him to repentance? (vs. 13-14)
- What did Cain’s response to God’s indictment and curse reveal about the attitudes of his heart? (vs. 13-14)
- What special kindness did God show Cain regarding the concern for his safety? (v. 15)
- Agree or Disagree? God’s treatment of Cain indicates that He wants Christians and others in society to be understanding of and relatively lenient toward murderers and other criminals. (Explain your answer)
- What would Cain’s purpose be in building a city? (vs. 16-17)
- How were the sons of Adam and Eve able to find women to marry?
- What sin did Cain’s descendent, Lamech, introduce to the human race? (v. 19)
- What do we note about the focus of the talented, but worldly descendents of Cain and Lamech. (vs. 20-21)
- What sinful attitudes did Lamech reveal in the proclamation he made to his wives in verses 23-24?
- Comment: “Much that is attempted and accomplished in this world is driven by the misguided attempts of sinful people to find meaning, worth and enjoyment for themselves.”
- What consoling gift did God grant Adam and Eve following the murder of Abel? (v. 25)
- What is the significance of the names “Seth”(which means “Substitute”) and “Enosh” (which means “the frail or mortal one”)? (vs. 25-26)
- In stark contrast to Cain’s unbelieving family, what positive activity characterizes the believing family of Seth? (v. 26)
< 上页 下页 > 最后更新于 2015年4月23日 星期四 08:25