Jesus is commonly called “Christ” which is another word for “Messiah.” We believe that Jesus is the Messiah promised throughout the pages of the Old Testament. Those promises of the Messiah, known as Messianic prophecies, give a very complete picture of who the Messiah would be, what he would do, and how he is to be received.
This course will cover some of the most amazing and significant Messianic prophecies of the Old Testament. These prophecies also contain some things that are not so easy to understand. This lessons in this course will open our eyes to the marvelous way that God revealed his plan of salvation, giving us strong assurance that he will keep every promise that he makes to us.
The objectives of this course are to:
- Prove from the Scriptures that Jesus is the Messiah who has come to redeem the world.
- Explain how Jesus’ life and ministry fulfilled the promises that God had been making since the Garden of Eden.
- Help us understand how the Messianic prophecies spoke of the Messiah’s first and second comings.
- Make us confident that God keeps every promise that He makes.
- This course is open to any GBI student.
- This course is an elective course in all three certificate programs.
- All students who enroll in this course should have a basic understanding of the Bible.
- In order to receive credit for this course, the student must be in attendance for at least 75% of the instruction periods, actively participate in the instruction periods when present, and complete on time and in a satisfactory manner any assignments and/or tests given by the instructor.
- The Messiah in the Law
- Lesson 1 = The Concept of the Messiah
- Lesson 2 = The Messiah is Promised to Adam and Eve
- Lesson 3 = The Messiah is Promised to Abraham
- Lesson 4 = The Messiah is Promised to the Children of Israel
- The Messiah in the Prophets
- Lesson 5 = The Messiah in Isaiah, Part 1
- Lesson 6 = The Messiah in Isaiah, Part 2
- Lesson 7 = The Messiah in the Major Prophets
- Lesson 8 = The Messiah in The Minor Prophets
- The Messiah in the Writings (Psalms)
- Lesson 9 = The Messiah does God’s Will (Psalm 40)
- Lesson 10 = The Messiah is Crucified (Psalm 22)
- Lesson 11 = The Messiah is the Risen Lord (Psalm 16)
- Lesson 12 = The Messiah is the King of Glory Psalm 2 and Psalm 110
- Each lesson will consist of a recorded lecture on the material that students can watch at home prior to the class. A study guide for taking notes will also be provided for each lecture. Students will take notes on the study guide as they watch the recorded lecture.
- Class time will be spent going through the questions on the study guide and addressing any questions that the students may have.
- The home preparation should take roughly an hour each week. In class discussion will last from 45-90 minutes, depending on the length of discussion with the instructor.
- At the end of the course a final exam will be given.
Last modified March 22, 2022: init (bf3ceed)