Getting Started Lesson 1 put us on the path of Jesus’ suffering and death. The plot was devised between Judas and the Jewish leaders. In the meantime, Jesus and his disciples were ready to celebrate Passover together in the room that had been arranged by Jesus. We gather in the Upper Room for this lesson, and we learn many things as silent listeners to this most important conversation.
开始: 第一课将我们带到了耶稣的受难与死亡的过程中。犹大和犹太领袖已策划了他们的计谋 。 同时耶稣和他的门徒正准备要在一个耶稣安排的房间来庆祝逾越节 。当我们聚集在这个楼上的大房间，作为一个安静的聆听者来聆听这个最重要的对话时，我们将会学到很多的东西。
1. In the opening verses of John 13, in what way are John’s words more than just a telling of what happened?
2. What purpose do verses 1 and 3 serve? (Consider the purpose of John’s gospel as he expresses it in chapter 1 and in John 20:31.)
3. What was Jesus emphasizing by washing his disciples’ feet? (Isaiah 42:1; 52:13; Matthew 20:28)
4. What lesson did Peter learn from Jesus through this incident?
5. How do Jesus’ words take us beyond physical washing?
6. What lesson do we learn in Jesus’ words from verses 13-17?
[Note: One of the things that is difficult for Bible interpreters is to decide whether or not Judas was present for the first Lord’s Supper. When one reads just Luke, it sounds as if Judas was there. (See Lk 22:19-23.) But if we keep reading in Luke 22, it becomes apparent that Luke is not so much concerned about the exact order of events as he is about including pieces of the conversation not included in Matthew and Mark. It makes the most sense theologically to accept Matthew’s order that Judas had left before Jesus gave his disciples the Lord’s Supper.]
【注释: 对于解经家来说有一件很难的事情 就是犹大是否参加了第一次圣餐。当我们仅仅看《路加福音》的时候，好像犹大是在场的（参《路》22：19－23）。但是当我们接下来看《路加福音》22章时，路加的描述不太注重事件发生的次序，他所描述的事情并没有在《马太福音》与《马可福音》中提及。在神学上最认可的是《马太福音》的叙事顺序，那就是犹大在耶稣与他的门徒举行圣餐之前已经离开了】
7. Concerning the prediction of Judas’ betrayal, explain how Matthew’s account and John’s account fit together.
8. Did Jesus want Judas to betray him? Is he giving him a chance to change his mind? If so, how?
9. Compare John 13:27 to Luke 22:3. Is there a contradiction in these two verses? Explain. What are Luke and John emphasizing?
[Note: Once again there is a problem with the order. It hardly seems plausible that the disciples would argue about who is the greatest immediately after receiving the Lord’s Supper. As stated earlier, Luke is reporting WHAT was said, not necessarily WHEN it was said. The content of the conversation seems to fit better earlier in the evening when Jesus saw the need to teach humility by washing his disciples’ feet.]
【注释：再一次碰到叙述时间次序的问题。很难置信门徒们在领受了圣餐后马上就争论谁最大。正如前面所指明的，路加是在描述讲了什么，而不是在描述 什么时候讲的 。这段对话内容好像更合适放在那天晚上更早的时间，就是当耶稣给门徒洗脚来教导他们谦卑的时候。】
10. What does Jesus mean in saying he is about to be “glorified”?
11. How is the “love” Jesus is talking about different than “love your neighbor as you love yourself”?
12. How do you think Christians today are doing in following these words?
13. How do the words of Luke 22:25-27 explain more fully what Jesus had meant by washing his disciples’ feet?
14. How did the disciples have “a kingdom”?
15. Jesus’ words are clear and simple in respect to what he was giving them and for what purpose. Explain.
16. Why is it important to understand these words in the context of the Passover celebration?
17. Compare the insights each writer gives us into Jesus’ warnings. How do you think you would have reacted if you had heard these words said about you?
18. What is the most important thing you hear in all these words of Jesus spoken in the Upper Room？