Defending Your Faith
This course is to help Christians be ready to defend their faith when it is challenged by critics, skeptics, doubters, and anyone who would question why we believe.
The objectives of this course are to help students
- Be ready to give answers to seven of the most common objections to the Christian faith.
- Grow stronger in the Christian faith as they review the truths of Holy Scripture.
- Be prepared to discuss and share the Christian Gospel with unbelievers.
Expectations of All Students
All students will be expected to read through the lesson ahead of class and prepare the homework assignment (questions) prior to each class. In class each student must be ready to give his or her answers to the discussion questions.
Requirements For Credit:
In order to get credit for the completion of a course, the student must do the following: ● Be in attendance for at least 75% of the instruction periods ● Actively participate in the instruction periods when present ● Complete a final exam at the conclusion of the class.
Each lesson will consist of two parts:
- Home preparation (reading and answering questions)
- In class discussion with the instructor (going through the assigned questions and any additional discussion)
The home preparation should take roughly an hour each week. In class discussion will last from 45-90 minutes, depending on the length of discussion with the instructor. The students will be expected to complete the reading assignment and answer the assigned questions. At the end of the course a final exam will be given.