Confessing The Faith And The Christian Creeds
An introduction to the topic of Christians as confessors of the Christian faith and a survey of the text, development and key features of the three main Christian Creeds: the Apostles’ Creed, the Nicene Creed and the Athanasian Creed.
The objectives of this course are to help students:
- Gain a deeper understanding of what it means to be a Christian who confesses the precious Biblical faith they know and believe.
- Learn more about the contents, development and significance of the three main creeds of the Christian Church.
- Become better prepared to teach others about confessing the Christian faith and the Creeds.
- Lesson 1: Getting Started Questions and I. Confessing The Faith
- Lesson 2: Confessing The Faith In The Family Of Believers
- Lesson 3: Confessing The Christian Faith (Principles)
- Lesson 4: The Christian Creeds and V. The Apostles’ Creed
- Lesson 5: The Nicene Creed
- Lesson 6: The Athanasian Creed
- Lesson 7: Closing Matters and Assigning the Exam
Before Class Preparation
Class members will read and reflect on the assigned pages/questions and complete the study guide for each section.
In Class Procedures
The instructor will lead and guide a discussion of the study guide material with the students (through a translator, if necessary) and assign the new preparation material for the next lesson. The instructor will give the final exam at the conclusion of the class.
Confessing The Faith And The Christian Creeds (bilingual edition)
The course will generally take 11-14 hours of instruction time in 7 lessons that last from 90-120 minutes plus a final exam.
Requirements For Credit
In order to get credit for the completion of a course, the student must do the following:
- Be in attendance for at least 75% of the instruction periods
- Actively participate in the instruction periods when present
- Complete on time and in a satisfactory manner any assignments and/or tests given by the instructor
Last modified March 22, 2022: init (bf3ceed)